Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Skin Care Routine

Ever since I was little I've been pretty consistent with my skin care, my mom was always telling me to take care of it by keeping it  clean and moisturized and avoiding the evil sun :D
 
I always remove my make up and wash my face before going to bed, I always use toner after cleansing it and I use my moisturizer and eye cream. I love to wake up feeling my face clean and soft. Same routine in the morning except I don't need to remove any make up lol. 
 
I really enjoy doing my "rituals" morning and night :)
 

 
 
 
 
These are the products that work for my skin type. Whenever I tried something new I had to come back to use these because other products don't seem to work as well as these ones. I bought the whole Clinique line for combination/oily skin and it was such a waste of money :( ... These Products are cheap and great in my opinion!



Cheap and great Skin Care Routine
Favorite Products



Make Up Remover:


Equate Eye Makeup Remover Walmart
Equate Eye Makeup Remover


I used to use the Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover but one day I couldn't find it so I bought the store brand one Equate and I'm glad I did because it works just as good as the Neutrogena one and it's two dollars cheaper! Yeah! I love to save whenever I can :)


Cleanser:


Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser Walmart
Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser


I think I use this cleanser for over 6 years. I love how easily it removes make up, dirt and oil without over drying my skin. I use this whenever I take a shower at night The Garnier one (in my last monthly favorites ) I use it in the morning :)


Toner:


Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner Walmart
Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner


I started to use this one at the same time of the Neutrogena Cleanser :) it's another product I can't live without :D I tried some other toners but most of them have Alcohol and it's too drying for my skin and makes it feel so tight and uncomfortable. This on the other hand is gentle and removes some imputities I might have left from the cleanser and reconditions my skin :)


Moisturizers

I tried many moisturizers and these are the ones that work best for my skin. I tried the Clinique one and broke my skin out so bad!!

Day Moisturizer:


Clean & Clear Mattifying Moisturizer Walmart
Clean & Clear Mattifying Moisturizer
 
 
I like to use this during the day. My skin is oily/combo so I need something that mattifies my skin so I don't look like a grease ball (>.<) Another thing I like about this moisturized is that it has SPF 15 so I feel protected during the day (my foundation has SPF as well :D) I didn't notice a white cast when taking pictures but I'm not saying it won't happen. The only bad thing about this product is that I can't find it easily, I used to buy it at Walmart but they don't carry it anymore so I have to go to Harmons to get it which is a little annoying because I have to drive quite far :/


Night Moisturizer:


Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Walmart
Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer


I use this moisturizer for years and I like it a lot! It leaves my skin so soft. It has Salicylic Acid to prevent pimples and even though it has that ingredient it doesn't dry out my skin at all. I love this product so much and it's so cheap :)


Eye Cream:


Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily anti-fatigue eye cream walmart
Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream


My eyes are really sensitive and this one works wonders but unfortunately it's discontinued :( So now I'm in the hunt for a new eye cream. I might start using the other Garnier eye cream they have because I know I don't have any sensitive problems with it (I tried it before). I tried Olay eye creams but they might be too strong or I'm allergic to something but they make my eyes red and teary.

What's your skin care routine? Let me know :)

Thank you for reading!!

T.

26 comments:

  1. I love that Clean and Clear Mattifying Moisturizer. Great post! Followed you back, love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah it's a pretty nice moisturizer :) Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! My mom also taught me to take care of my face and skin lol. When we tell her we're going to the beach or water park she always jokes: "stay in the shade" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and the results are wonderful! Greetings from spain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post Hun :) I have the same problem as you, I get such watery and sensitive eyes whenever I use the majority of eye creams - so might have to go check a garnier one out! thanks for the lovely feedback on my blog :) now following you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's troublesome to have sensitive eyes :( Thank you for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog, it was so sweet, and waking up to see it this morning really has made my day :)

    You use some amazing products, I think it is so important to cleanse tone and moisturiser, we spend so much on my make up, it's almost not worth it if we aren't looking after the base xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog :) You have an amazing one!

      Yeah we need to take care of our skin as much as we can :D

      Delete
  6. They always say if you take off your makeup before bed and have a good skincare regime, you will look younger for years longer.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so!! That makes me feel I'm in the right path of eternal youth! heh :D

      Delete
  7. My skin care routine involves lots of mud! Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the garnier eye cream and whitening cream. I swear by those products! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Garnier is the only brand my eyes are not sensitive to :) I love it! I would like to try the whitening cream hmm :)

      Delete
  9. great post. i love boots botanics products but i don't think they are available in the US! lovely blog, now following xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't think they sell them here :( Thank you for checking my blog out! :)

      Delete
  10. For some weird reason, that Neutrogena cleanser works for everyone except me!

    Join the Insane Blog hop

    I would love if you entered my giveaway:)
    ViVi Clothes Giveaway-Internationally Open

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sucks :( It's a good one ...

      I'll check it out :)

      Delete
  11. Cleansing, toning & moisturising is a mandatory ritual one needs to follow in order to get such a shiny & supple skin you got Tonnomura. Your skin is beautiful, I wish I had the same as yours. :) Thanks for sharing your skin care regime :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too. I've never been this conscious about my skin! :) More posts please?

    new follower here. :)

    www.gelliezelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I will :)
      Thank you! I'll check your blog out :)

      Delete
  13. Correct washing of the skin will eliminate oils and bacteria that can cause acne. However, when you already have serious acne breakouts, washing alone likely will not make it go away. Frequent and harsh washing can even make it worse.

    There special anti-bacteria soaps designed for people suffering from acne. These soaps can help target the bacteria which may be causing the acne breakout. go over healthcareguru.net blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, I'll check your blog out!

      Delete