Thursday, June 20, 2013

What are chicken nuggets made of?

Hello World!

When I saw this image (source rawforbeauty.com) I was really shocked!!



frozen chicken nuggets
Chicken nuggets
 
 
What is in Mcdonalds chicken nuggets (or any other fast food places' chicken nuggets)? Well the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve so you get bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this, when I first saw the image before reading everything I thought oh it's strawberry ice cream/frozen yogurt but I was so wrong O__O

Anyways because of the process of smashing and pressing the chicken it’s now crawling with bacteria,  therefore it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes so gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink (like ice cream or frozen yogurt eww) it will be dyed with artificial color.
My bf and I got so shocked by this that we decided not to eat them ever again! So no more Mcdonald's chicken nuggets or Mcnuggets, Burger King and Wendys chicken nuggets! Bye bye forever! The last time I had them was last year and I honestly don't miss them at all!
 
Frozen chicken nuggets are also made this way so I won't be buying them either at the grocery store! I will be preparing my own homemade chicken nuggets for sure and I'll make them the right way with no bones or guts. I'll post my chicken nuggets recipe in the future :D
 
We have to make wise food choices because we only have one body!
 
Have a healthy eating day!!
 
T.
 
PS, Don't forget to check the other Healthy Eating Thursdays posts! :D

12 comments: